Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Game #3

Notable quotes:

(from our first baseman) "I'm here, ready to play…except I forgot my mitt and cleats…"

(speaking to the other team's first baseman) "Hey, at least I made it to first this time…I'm so glad you missed that catch"

"I'm getting too old for this " (after over running 2nd and getting clipped in the stomach by the ball…player was safe)

"Note to self, remember to put the first-aid kit in the bag for the next time) (As we see the blood seeping through his sock from a slide home)

The best quotes coming from our sub center fielder:

(speaking to right center) "What do you mean go deep?"

"I don't know how to throw" (as she throws under handed to the cut-off)

(speaking to the other team's pitcher from the batter's box) "are you trying to kill me? I'm not on your team you know"

"I can't be hittin' my face, it's the weekend soon" (as she ignores a hit in the air)

Here are my final thoughts:

It was a respectable loss and the best we've played. While our bats were light, we were able to have plenty of 1,2,3 innings and hold them at the bases…one bad inning thus the score, but overall well done. We're working out the kinks. Very proud of the team.

Here are some numbers even Kate Sterner would be proud of!!!

Leadership Machine
That Other Team
Loss Margin in points
% of change
Game 1
6
28
(22)
Game 2
4
21
(17)
23%
Game 3
4
11
(7)
59%
Total
14
60
(46)
68%
From Game 2 to Game 3 - Loss margin % decreased 59%
From Game 1 to Game 3 - Overall loss margin % decreased by 68%

- Team Manager

No comments: